One way trip travel insurance
Many travel insurance policies exclude cover if you need a policy for a one way trip, for example, if you're leaving the UK to live in another country but are travelling via other countries en route.
We have developed a special policy that allows you to be covered only one way, on your trip starting from the UK.
There are some conditions and criteria that you need to meet before we can offer cover and these are listed below.Before making your purchase, you will be asked to confirm that you have read, understood and accept them.
Here are the conditions and criteria for this policy:
(words in bold are listed in the definitions section of our policy wording)
- This policy is designed to cover you for a one way trip starting in the United Kingdom.
- You must have unrestricted access to the United Kingdom.
- If it is necessary to repatriate you for medical reasons, this might be to the United Kingdom or the country of your destination, depending upon advice obtained from the medical assistance service at the time. Each case will be considered on its own merits.
- We must be able to obtain medical records from your doctor(s) (if necessary from outside the United Kingdom). Failure to obtain medical records could result in a claim for medical expenses being declined.
- Claims directly or indirectly related to any pre-existing medical condition will not be met. Our definition of a Pre-existing medical Condition is the following: an ongoing medical or dental condition, or related complication you have, the symptoms of which you are aware of, or that is currently being or has been investigated by a medical practitioner, dentist or a chiropractor; or a medical or dental condition for which advice, treatment or medication has been prescribed by one of the people listed in this definition, within 180 days before you purchased your policy. This applies to you, your travelling companion, an immediate relative or someone upon whom your trip depends;
- People with pre-existing medical conditions can still purchase this policy but no claims relating to a pre-existing condition will be met.
- The policy will not provide cover if any of the following apply to you, a travelling companion, an immediate relative, close business associate or someone upon whom your trip depends (whether they are travelling with you or not):
- You/they were aware of any reason why a trip could be cancelled or curtailed
- You/they were travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner or in order to get medical treatment abroad
- You/they have been diagnosed as having a terminal illness
- You/they were receiving, recovering from, or on a waiting list for inpatient treatment in a hospital or nursing home