Not lived in the UK for 6 months?
QUOTATION & BOOKING
Our specialist policy allows you to travel
No Residency Condition Travel Insurance
This specialst travel insurance policy doesn't require you to have been resident in the UK for a minimum period before you're able to purchase travel insurance. You don't need to be resident in the UK permanently - as long as you have unrestricted access to the UK, including under the provisions of a Visa.
Virtually all other travel insurance policies require you to have been in the UK for at least six months before you can take out a policy.
Maybe you've just moved to the UK to live, permanently, or temporarily with a work or study visa and you'd like to go on a leisure or business trip. Well, you can with our specialist policy.
There are certain criteria and conditions attached to the policy. Before making your purchase, you will be asked to confirm that you have read, understood and accept them:
Here are the conditions and criteria for this policy:
(words in bold are listed in the definitions section of our policy wording)
You must be living in the United Kingdom at least temporarily (but you don't have to have been here for a minimum of six months).
- Your trip must start and end in the United Kingdom.
- Only single trip policies are available, not annual, multi-trip policies;
- You must have unrestricted access to the United Kingdom (access within the provisions of a Visa is acceptable);
- You must be eligible for treatment under the National Health Service;
- Claims directly or indirectly related to any pre-existing medical condition will not be met. Our definition of a Pre-existing medical Condition is the following: an ongoing medical or dental condition, or related complication you have, the symptoms of which you are aware of, or that is currently being or has been investigated by a medical practitioner, dentist or a chiropractor; or a medical or dental condition for which advice, treatment or medication has been prescribed by one of the people listed in this definition, within 180 days before you purchased your policy. This applies to you, your travelling companion, an immediate relative or someone upon whom your trip depends;
- People with pre-existing medical conditions may still purchase this policy but no claims relating to a pre-existing condition will be met;
- In the event of a claim for medical expenses, we must be able to obtain medical records from your doctor(s) (if necessary from outside the UK). Failure to obtain medical records could result in a claim for medical expenses being declined.
- If it is necessary to repatriate you for medical reasons, this will be to the United Kingdom.
- The policy will not provide cover if any of the following apply to you, a travelling companion, an immediate relative, close business associate or someone upon whom your trip depends (whether they are travelling with you or not):
- You/they were aware of any reason why a trip could be cancelled or curtailed
- You/they were travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner or in order to get medical treatment abroad
- You/they have been diagnosed as having a terminal illness
- You/they were receiving, recovering from, or on a waiting list for inpatient treatment in a hospital or nursing home