Long stay travel insurance
Not everyone goes away for only two weeks.
If you're planning a longer trip, our travel insurance policy can cover you up to 365 days and up to the age of 79.
The policy is comprehensive and includes cover for medical expenses, cancellation, curtailment, loss of baggage and personal items and much more.
There are two levels of cover and optional extras such as winter sports. You can also choose to remove the excess payable on claims. Click here to read a summary of cover and also the full policy wording.
There are certain conditions and criteria to be able to purchase the policy. Before making your purchase, you will be asked to confirm that you have read, understood and accept them.
Here are the conditions and criteria for this policy:
(words in bold are listed in the definitions section of our policy wording)
- You must be a UK passport holder and have unrestricted entry to the United Kingdom.
- Your main residential address must be in the United Kingdom
- You must be eligible for treatment under the National Health Service and be registered with a general practitioner (GP) in the United Kingdom;.
- Your trip must start and end in the United Kingdom.
- If it is necessary to repatriate you for medical reasons, this will be to the United Kingdom.
- Claims directly or indirectly related to any pre-existing medical condition will not be met. Our definition of a Pre-existing medical Condition is the following: an ongoing medical or dental condition, or related complication you have, the symptoms of which you are aware of, or that is currently being or has been investigated by a medical practitioner, dentist or a chiropractor; or a medical or dental condition for which advice, treatment or medication has been prescribed by one of the people listed in this definition, within 180 days before you purchased your policy. This applies to you, your travelling companion, an immediate relative or someone upon whom your trip depends.
- In the event of a claim for medical expenses, we must be able to obtain medical records from your doctor(s) (if necessary from outside the United Kingdom). Failure to obtain medical records could result in a claim for medical expenses being declined.
- People with pre-existing medical conditions may still purchase this policy but no claims relating to a pre-existing condition will be met;
- The policy will not provide cover if any of the following apply to you, a travelling companion, an immediate relative, close business associate or someone upon whom your trip depends (whether they are travelling with you or not):
- You/they were aware of any reason why a trip could be cancelled or curtailed .
- You/they were travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner or in order to get medical treatment abroad
- You/they have been diagnosed as having a terminal illness.
- You/they were receiving, recovering from, or on a waiting list for inpatient treatment in a hospital or nursing home.