Adventure holiday travel insurance - covering many sports and activities

Taking part in a sport or activity?

Ensure you're adequately protected by our insurance


Adventure travel insurance including sports and activities

Many people like to take part in sports or activities whilst travelling. Whether you are trying something new or enjoying your favourite hobby with the added benefit of the weather. Going on an adventure holiday can be one of the most exhilarating things to do but it’s important to make sure your travel insurance covers all aspects of your trip.

We’ve made our cover options simple by separating our list of hazardous sports and activities into two levels. Any activity listed under Level 1 is automatically covered as standard. Level 2 activities are those deemed to be a greater risk, but cover is available at an additional premium. If there is an activity not listed in our policy wording, please call us on 0330 606 1434 or email and we will do our best to assist you.

Please note - Some of our activities have special conditions applied to them, which could be any of the following:

  • You must be a professional, qualified and licensed guide, instructor or operator.
  • You must have the appropriate certification or license to do this sport or activity at home. If operating a motor vehicle, the driver must have the appropriate valid UK license.
  • Within 60 miles of a safe haven (a protected body of water used by marine craft for refuge from storms or heavy seas)
  • You must hold a British Sub Aqua Club certificate or Professional Association of Diving Instructors certificate or equivalent and follow the relevant Club or Association rules and guidelines at all times, or you must only dive under the constant supervision of a properly licensed diving school and follow their rules and instructions at all times.

Further details are available in our policy wording.